Monday, May 13, 2013

Equipped


One of my prayers as I have been preparing to move to Oaxaca is that the Lord would show me favor in this season of preparation so that I will be most effective while I am there. I have been praying that the Lord would show me favor in learning Spanish and how to serve cross-culturally in this context. I was encouraged when I came across a passage in 2 Corinthians today: “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. As it is written, ‘He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.’ He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.” Paul is actually encouraging the Corinthians to be cheerfully generous in their giving, but this passage was encouraging to me as far as my preparations go for Mexico. We see in verse 6 that “God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.” He is good and He is able to equip me with all that I need to do His work - and not just do it, to abound in it. Verse 11 says that He will “supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.” It is encouraging to know that the Creator of the universe, the Sovereign King, the Author and Perfecter of my faith has not only called me to serve among the nations, but that He is equipping me with grace and supplying me in order to abound in the work He has called me to. And what’s neat is He desires my success in this mission because He desires the glory of His name to be known and the salvation of the lost. I'm so grateful that I can rest in and be fueled by His strength and grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment