Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Oaxaca: Round 2

I returned to the United States on December 10th, and was blessed to spend several weeks with my parents for the holidays. It was a sweet time of visiting with friends and family as well as figuring out what was next.

The Lord was so gracious to me and provided me with a PRN (as needed) position at St. Vincent's working on my same floor. I was able to work the month of January as much as possible (maybe even more than I wanted..thank you snow storm!). With this position, I have the flexibility of making my own schedule and the Lord has given me an opportunity to return to Oaxaca for 7 weeks! The main reason I was hoping for this position is because I was not ready to leave Oaxaca when it was time to go in December. I felt as though I still had work to do here and that we were just getting going. My heart just wasn't ready to be done with this place and these people. And, so the Lord worked it out for me to come back! I arrived in Oaxaca on Saturday, February 1st, and I'm absolutely thrilled to be here..literally my heart has been overjoyed! I will be working with the same 2 missionary families doing a variety of different things. One of my tasks will be to help orient the next group of Hands On students that will be arriving in a week and living/serving here for the next 4 months. I'm looking forward to meeting these 3 new team members and hopefully easing their transition into a new culture. I am also super excited to continue working in the indigenous village where I spent most of my time last fall. I feel so blessed that the Lord is giving me this opportunity and am grateful at how His hand has been over all the details to work everything out so smoothly.

Please join me in praying for my time here over the next 7 weeks:
- Pray that I would make the most of every opportunity the Lord gives me to share truth, show love, and build relationships.
- Pray for the new Hands On students: Heather, Holly, and John David. Pray that they would have a smooth transition, the Lord would use them in mighty ways, and that He would teach them many things.
- Pray that the Lord would use this time to give me clear direction on His plans for my future and that I would be patient in waiting for His guidance.
- Pray that He would save many...all for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment