Friday, August 16, 2013

We Made It!

** This is a post I wrote on 8/14/13 after our first full day in Lima. Sorry for the delayed post, but the internet was a little patchy!**

Hola! My team and I made it to Peru late last night. We will be here for a week doing training with other students and then head out to our respective countries. It's been a great day of training, getting to know the other girls, and eating delicious food!

Hannah and I on the airplane from Atlanta to Lima...8/13/13


Our training group at a local Peruvian restaurant for lunch on our first day in Peru


We got to taste some delicious fruit that I've never had before. The star fruit was super sour but yummy. And I couldn't help but love the bananitas (mini bananas).


We went to dinner tonight and I was able to order my favorite Peruvian dish from when I was here 3 years ago...Lomo Saltado con Arroz Blanco y Papas Fritas (meat with white rice and french fries and vegetables). I had jugo de fresas  (strawberry juice) to drink and it was quite possibly the best juice I've ever had! Soooo good!


Today was jammed pack full of listening to and learning from different missionaries serving in South America. Please pray that we will continue to learn much and that the Lord would prepare us for what He has in store. 


No comments:

Post a Comment