Monday, July 15, 2013

Pepper Place

This past weekend I was blessed to spend time with two friends enjoying a purely Birmingham experience..Pepper Place Market. It was so fun to sample local produce/treats, enjoy live music, chat with friends, shop at booths from local venues, and observe the people of Birmingham enjoying this scene. It's definitely a fun way to spend a Saturday morning in the Steel City.


We sampled all sorts of yummy treats like goat cheese and spiced pecans.



We also discovered a neat local coffee house called Red Cat that was jumping with business. If I liked coffee, I would hit this place up frequently. The atmosphere is so fun! The worker I spoke with said that he visited the farm where this blend of Dominican Republic coffee came from and they get it direct without the middle man.



The live music at Pepper Place Market was probably my favorite part. I love the banjo!


And there is a plethora of beautiful fruits and veggies everywhere.


Not only am I a sucker for supporting local business, I love all things natural. So, I got a little carried away at this booth...Earth Garden Naturals. I've used their lip balm before and really liked it. But I cannot wait to try their Skeeter Beater bug spray I bought. I'm going to need it in Mexico!



And there was no way we could pass up on a Steel City Pop. This is probably one of my favorite local eats. If you're ever in Birmingham, it's worth a stop!



 We had a great time and I look forward to going again!

No comments:

Post a Comment